Saturday, June 27, 2020





one of the old pictures was title a dog is a soul journey. i feel the same today, even with mister gone. our friend pat wrote
i think often of you-know-who...such a noble soul and generous heart. it saddens me to think that copper aka mister no longer walks the earth.  
i'm surprised how mister being gone has been easier than i anticipated. when i think of it i feel bereft, i miss my best friend, but i think i'm more restful knowing his death is not imminent and he's not suffering. sometimes when he was still here i felt such despair when he struggled and when he was disoriented, not being able to see and hear well. i also feel that he and i were so merged that he's within me forever, so if i don't actively think of and grieve him, it's just that he's part of my consciousness, he's me, and he walks with me as long as i walk the earth.
so yeah, we go on, in the midst of storms and state violence and disease and sea change. and in the midst of our inner lives and resources and the ones near to heart. 
now i'm glad when someone mentions mister, and i go back and get him in pictures and we go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment