Tuesday, January 22, 2019

ok, so this has become a skin diary. everything is going through the porous prism of skin. i hope it is about skin in general, and not only my skin, in a way there is no other skin, there's all skin, but i have to admit it is about me. it's my skin diary. though cousin shari finds skin, in this case mine, fascinating, and wants to see pictures daily. i have never thought of skin so steadily or complexly or with such admiration and wonder before this skin malady. i think it makes me think about social connection and interconnectivity, interdependence, and the mystery of borders more than ever, more innately and intimately.
i can imagine myself as my skin, in trauma, and in the deep wish to be healthy and renewed, to protect and defend, and to simply breathe and feel the air breathe along with me, enveloping and supporting and communicating me through the pheromone signals of my hopeful, yearning skin. 
my skin will continue. 
the feeling is tentative, tender and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment