Tuesday, October 22, 2019

i told carlos the librarian it's crazy out there. he didn't say anything. i said it's an island of sanity in here, and he looked at me sidelong. i said i knew you'd have a comment on that. 
in the park every time i reached for hilde's ball she snapped it up and moved away. she's been doing that to me for years and i still fall for it. she's my lucy. then halfway back across the park she starts browsing, i whistle, call her name, she ignores me, then looks up and starts heading back the other way. meanwhile comet's running with the wind past the baseball diamond scaring three ladies. i call him back and say, go get hilde! and he runs over to get her but she looks at him and stares off in the other direction. finally she turns and sees me and we regroup. back home i make her wear the crow face for penance and she amply redeems herself and i give them each some praise and tasty biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment