Saturday, May 26, 2018

i feel so bad. mister's wooly fur, around his ears and his loins and butt was so matted his skin was raw and oozing. my lack of awareness shocks me. especially with someone so close to me it feels like me. in fact that may be revealing. i neglect myself. i brushed a bagful, enough for a sweater and lining for a few nests before i saw these great folds of matted hair between his legs. no wonder he kept stopping and laying down and rolling. it saddens me to think of his big eyes trying to communicate his mute suffering. will i ever wake up? i am supposed to be his caregiver. i'm unfit to care for myself. oh, well, i bathed him and cut some of the mats away, and he was really overdue for a shearing, so then his skin can heal. ok, now i've confessed aren't i supposed to feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment