Friday, September 25, 2020



 
ever since watching joker   that's life keeps playin in my head. walkin with bear i imagine she's walking to the same rhythm.
 
i've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, 
a pawn and a king
i've been up and down and over and out 
and i know one thing
each time i find myself 
flat on my face
i pick, myself, up,
and get back in the race
that's life 
 
tonight i saw never rarely sometimes always
i was remembering girls from high school, getting abortions, and telling me and i'd go silent with fright. it seemed so matter of fact and so intense in my mind, i couldn't say anything. i wanted to know how it felt to be a girl. i thought they lived life and i just floated along dreamy. i knew i'd never know and always think maybe obliquely, peripherally i'd intensely casually hopefully absorb some of their mysterious light.


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment