Saturday, November 21, 2020

 

anyway what would be nice to see would be the movement of the people boycotting divesting defunding sanctioning and decolonizing the war machine and the murderous police state. we shall see. every empire in the past has fallen, and we're still here.

does the normal type size seem smaller to you? with the new blogger i think medium is the old normal and normal is not what it used to be. in the pandemic world everything is not just changing before we know it it's changed.

in a the same way i can't imagine the inner life of emily dickinson i can't imagine the inner life of sylvia plath, except for the poems, and then i can. like arundhati roy said about this time it's like a portal, and the art of specific people is a portal too, and a portal to all directions. 

i saw arturo herrera in the hyperallergic listings. he was a friend at one time, he was born the same year as me. he gave me my first encouragement and my first show. later he asked me how i felt about his work and i said it was like an invitation to an empty room, but it may have been peevish as well as true, if true, like when dad asked me how i felt about my old man, and i said i felt disgust. what connects? if i was in an empty room it was me. if disgusted, the gust of disappointment was me. later i sold some art envelopes back to a.h. and that was the definitive end between. but clearly it wasn't the end for me. i imagine it was for him, but some things we never will know, will we. i picture myself with dad investigating a peaceful empty room.

No comments:

Post a Comment