Friday, November 23, 2018

sister stars under the basement stairs.



i saw the open lock laying by the door and hoped no one would come along and lock the man in the bridge inside. i just realized this reminds me of when i lived under my sister's basement stairs, my nephews hiding place my sister painted blue and decorated with stick on glow stars. when i lay there and turned off the bulb above my head the stars pulsed softly, and the stairs creaked up and down. reminders, seeping eyes, down there under the stairs, lost in place i cried, under creaking steps so near to my head, stuck on stars, my ears the same faint light green pulse.
i wondered if it was just a conceit, the question asking itself, are we the dreamers or the dreamed.
i think i would take the lock inside with me. i'd like to put glow stars in the room under the bridge for the man inside. i'd put the lock inside and swiftly apply the star surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment