Wednesday, October 20, 2021


 there was a guy named fabian. he was a regular at shoes bar where my sister served him. i worked down the street at a record shop. she sent him down to see my photography. from then he bought many pieces and stood me to many beers at the map room, for years. i sold him art my sister made too, which i should have kept, but thought it would be preserved there in his private museum. well long story short, he was always a little deranged, i thought through neoliberal economic brainwashing, but he was in fact a final trumper long before the final trump, and when the real bogus trump came along fabe was real gone beyond the supportive pale. by then i had stopped making product and moved away. at one point my siblings and i were to inherit his house. now he says we abandoned him and he gave all his money to his alma mater and asked if they wanted the art too. the bottom line is not what you can make in this paradigm, but what you can save, what you can love, and preserve. the bottom line is at the same time what you've lost and what loss you can live with. i'm thankful to mr. fabian for the support he gave me while he also supported the neoliberal war on earth. i'm grateful my art found a temporary home, though sad that it may be lost for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment