Friday, June 1, 2018

i feel strange today. you know what, i've felt strange most of my days for as long as i can recall. today is today. each day is uniquely strange, but yet has the feeling of compulsion, of repeat. it feels like a performance. it feels like a rehearsal. it feels like it's too late, it feels like it's over, it feels like if we say this, maybe it's not too late, if we are saying it's over, it's not over. though our faculties are attenuating. though our systems are failing. we learn how to fall and falling rise.
my camera came back this morning, but not all the way. it has one function: automatic. each time i turn it on it emits a red warning light and asks me what day it is. i override the question as i always did. my camera doesn't need to know. it needs to capture light. only. to bring the outside in, and let it out. bless my camera. 
bless my dog, though he's not mine. bless my inner dog, my better angel. bring that which is inside out. bless my fellow traveler, as his eyes grow foggy, as he looks past me for me. 
as when he locates me, bless me. bless us all, for we are being tried. tried hard. this is heartening. that we are being tried.

bless us for in our strangeness, in the strangeness of our time, we have an grown an inner fortitude, a strange fierce pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment