Thursday, June 28, 2018

affection


People all over the world
People all over the world
People all over the world are starving
For affection

And to me this ain't funny
To me this is real
So I tell everybody
The way I feel about affection

Well I've starved before for affection
I blamed the world and it's partly the world's fault
That's true
But I was a star who said
"I don't have time for those people"
So it was partly my own fault too

Well then I relaxed a little
And I met more people who liked me
That gave me the courage to reach out and give
And that helped me to get more affection
And affection helped me to live
So I say

People all over the world they're good
People all over the world ain't bad
If everybody be snobs like I've been
They won't get what they wished they had
Affection






jonathan richman

No comments:

Post a Comment