Monday, October 5, 2026


 We saw a documentary, Yanuni, about gold mining in Brazil and the destruction of the indigenous world. There's a lot of horror films coming through now, new and old, and I was thinking of The Entity or Camp Miasma, and then we decided on Yanuni as a real life horror film. I guess we'll continue to explore the genre in real time henceforward. Which reminds me I started to write about Living Forward after reading about a fellow writing his memoirs in fragments online for ten years, then looking back in retirement and coalescing them. The difference of writing in private and public. I doubt that I would ever write a memoir in private for years. This is it, fragmented and set to dissipate directly into the ether. Meanwhile the forest disappears and the indigenous fight to stay among the living while the gold gets dug and reburied in vaults leaving the land destroyed and people dying of mercury poisoning. I don't know how the marauders can be stopped other than systemic collapse which is a terrifying prospect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment