Sunday, August 23, 2026

















Before I went to the lake I started watching An American Returns to Palestine to Defend His Home from Settlers, on Infinite Jaz. At the Point I spoke to a guy who said there's no community, nothing we can do, when I talked about the data centers, and I said but there IS community, and we can at least have solidarity, but he said Just Eat and Drink, like, for tomorrow we die. Then I went home and finished watching the podcast. The settlers in the West Bank can come and take Palestinian homes and there's nothing the Palestinians can do, except to bear witness, have solidarity, and sumud.  The fellow interviewed was trying to save his home surrounded by the IDF and settlers. He could not leave the house. He's a Palestinian American. The Palestinians are just beaten and thrown out, if not killed. The IDF comes to assist the settlers. They say yes, Americans can come and claim any Palestinian home they wish. Unless you are Palestinian American. We're not here to simply consume. We're here to be humans in community with all beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment