Saturday, March 17, 2018

watching penny shadows on the wall.

i took a test, my clifton strengths. first it said this:


i like to think. i like mental activity. i like exercising the “muscles” of my brain, 
stretching them in multiple directions. 
this need for mental activity may be focused; 
i may be trying to solve a problem or develop an idea or understand 
another person’s feelings. the exact focus will depend 
on my other strengths. on the other hand, 
this mental activity may very well lack focus. 
the theme of intellection does not dictate what i am thinking about; 
it simply describes that i like to think. 
i am the kind of person who enjoys my time alone because it is my time for musing 
and reflection. i am introspective. 
in a sense i am my own best companion, 
as i pose myself questions and try out answers on myself 
to see how they sound. 
this introspection may lead me to a slight sense of discontent 
as i compare what i am actually doing 
with all the thoughts and ideas that my mind conceives. 
or this introspection may tend toward more pragmatic matters 
such as the events of the day or a conversation 
that i plan to have later. wherever it leads me, 
this mental hum is one of the constants of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment